Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wednesday - Day 3 part 2


It is just about midnight. This was a long day. I think I left off at going to the pool. We did go to the pool next. On the way there Andrew asked me "How do you know God's will for your life". I thought this was going to be a tough question but with the day that we had it really was not that hard. There were several things that happened today that lined up for this question. I told him that I pray and try and listen for the answer. I gave him and example of God's answer to prayer. This morning when Me and Katie and Pam were dealing with the boy that was crying we stopped and just put our hands on him and prayed for him. Instantly after praying Andrews name kind to my mind and I think I told the rest of this story. I then told him how I believed that he was my answer to that prayer. That God had put him in my mind to come and help with this problem. 

The pool was calm today. It was a rainy day and the kids seemed a little tired. I was able to spend some time with Andrew trying to teach him how to swim. He was so excited and scared. It was so funny. He thanked me a bunch of times. It was really fun. I was also able to spend some time with Sarah. She is such a sweet girl. She asked me all about where I am from and my family. She actually goes to the SIAS Univ. She said that Billy has already asked her if she is coming back next year and that he wants to and would like for her to be here. She has helped me a lot looking after Billy while I stayed with Andrew and Bob. I hope to talk to her tomorrow about if she is a christian. 

Oh, lunch was a bust today. Baked pig blood but into cubes? Really? We are trying to get them to understand the food that we are use to. Dinner was okay though. Rice, veggies and pork (and bread). 

After the pool we went to family time. They gave us a deck of cards for this today. Andrew and Billy taught me some chinese card games. It was fun - Billy beat us both. We still had time left over when we were done. Billy asked Andrew if they could be the teachers and I be the student. They took the deck of cards and spent 30 minutes teaching me chinese. I am now able to count to 999. After that ?  I also learned words like dance and they helped me with words that I knew but wasn't saying exactly right. This really made them both happy that they were able to teach me so quickly. This actually continued into dinner. They were teaching me the names of the food that I was eating. 

Assembly time came next. This was amazing. The same kids that were so shy at the beginning of the week were now all volunteering to perform for us. The one girl that was hiding her drawings the other day was probably the most involved. They were all so great. They sang christian songs which the translator was confused (or surprised) about. I will try and post videos of these, maybe just portions. They all stayed behind when it was done to watch a movie while the teams had meetings about the day. The meeting was good. We were all able to share experiences of the day.

That was probably about it for this day. See photos and vids.
Bill




2 comments:

Debbie said...

Baked pig blood? Really? Gross! So what did you end up eating? I'm glad dinner was better.
I'm so glad that you are having moments with Andrew. I'm glad God is working through you to say the right things. I'm so proud of you.
I love the photos & videos. I can't wait to see everything that you have taken and hear all of the stories when you come home. Not too much longer. The girls are missing you a lot now. I'm trying to keep them busy so they aren't too bored. Be prepared for a lot of hugs.
Oh, and I can't wait for you to get home and shave! :-)
Love you! I'm so proud of you.
Deb

Debbie said...

heyy daddy i hope your having a great time it sounds like u are!!!! i miss u soooooo much and cant wait for u to come home!!!! tell everyone i said hi!! ily!! ill ttyl!!!!! tinky