Wednesday, July 23, 2008

24 Hours and counting...

24 Hours and Pete and I will be on the flight to Newark and then off to China. Pete was ambitious enough to call early this morning and get us some bulk head seats over to Beijing so we will have plenty of leg room for the extremely long flight. (You're the man Pete!).

The nerves are kicking in now. I am excited, scared, anxious, nervous, and everything else that we are told not to be about anything. I am almost all packed for the second or third time. I think one more time ought to do it. We have a limit of (2) bags/50 lbs each over to China but our in country flight only allows 20 kg (44 lbs total for two bags). I have a medium and small bag that weight about 50 lbs together. I think we are allowed to pay a small fee for the extra weight when in China but I do not remember from our last trips exactly how that worked. 


I am constantly reminded of the verse that the Pastor brought to us a couple months ago: Phillipians 1:27 "Whatever happens conduct yourself in a manner worthy of the gospel..." Pete and I are being brought into a place where we can have a huge witnessing opportunity. I just pray that these children and translators will see the light in us.

I appreciate the prayers and ask that you continue to pray for me and my family throughout this trip. I will try and update this blog as much as I can.

Bill

1 comment:

Pete said...

Bill, I like the new look of the blog. You will have to show me how to do the pictures like that. It seems allot easier than one at a time...... Oh I have 30 more pounds of stuff packed than you....UGGGGG!! The medical bag I packed is probably 25lbs. right there so I guess we are about the same. I am not bringing that home by the way. It can stay at the camp.