Saturday, July 26, 2008

Sunday morning

Hi all. It is Sunday morning around 11:30 am. The train did not come through as loud last night so I was able to sleep until 9:00 am. We probably would have slept longer if I didn't set the alarm. We got up, showered and good for us the breakfast at the hotel was open until 10:30 am. 

Today is our easy day. We have a flight out of Beijing to Zhengzhou at 4:50 pm. The hotel concierge told us we should leave around 2:00 pm just to make sure we had enough time and because of all the Olympic security and traffic. I think we are both ready to leave here and get to the camp. We are anxious to see what has been going on over there. If you get a chance you can see a little of what has been going on at the Nanchang camp at Kristen's blog:  http://kristensjourney07.blogspot.com/
Be careful though and have a tissue. I pray that all of you would keep Kristen in your prayers. She has such a sweet heart for these children. 

The next step for us is to get to the campus tonight and then I believe the children will start arriving Monday afternoon. I pray for strength and a open heart. I am sure that I will see things that will break my heart but I pray that I can be strong for these children and do what we are here for which is to "show them hope".

On a slightly different track, I have to say that I did see quite a few dads with little girls on the wall yesterday and it was so nice to see them happy. We often generalize things that we hear and think that all Chinese men only want sons but that is not true. These dads were having fun playing with their girls and running on the wall. It just made me really happy to see and at the same time a little homesick for all of my girls. Our tour guide Jackie has a 9 month old daughter and his face just gleamed when he was showing me her picture. She is beautiful but then again aren't all children. They are so precious and we all, especially dads, need to remember that EVERY DAY! The time goes by so quickly but as I am being reminded a lot lately, it is never over. Our children will always need us to be there for them even when they are grown and on their own. I can personally attest to that as I do not have that type of relationship with my Dad and sometimes envy other men who do. We all go through life differently and hopefully we all learn life lessons from the paths that we take. I am not bitter about the path that my life went down because I only feel that it made me a better Dad. I am not perfect and never will be but if I try my best and trust God then I have done all that I can do. Sorry if I got a little preachy there. I decided to just type my thoughts this morning rather than write them down so I am just letting this flow out as things come to me.

It has been a great experience so far, just to get away from the cell phone and distractions that I have in my life. I have not watched a television show in over 72 hours and I have had no desire to. Well, I think I will stop here for now or I am going to start preaching again. I would ask that you still keep Pete and I in your prayers for the flights today and the rest of the trip. I can absolutely see the results from them so far. I would also ask that you pray for our families as I am sure it has been hard on them with us being so far away. I think Jadyn is having a hard time so if everyone could give her some extra hugs for me I would appreciate it more than you know. It is literally bringing me to tears as I write this. I miss them all so much. My connection with all of the girls is different and I know that she misses me being there and reading her nighttime stories. I still believe that she remembers a lot of what has happened in her life. I am not sure if she understands why I am really over here. I just hope that she does not think I have abandoned her. I Love her so much!!!

Debbie, I know this is hard on you. Know that I am thinking about you all of the time. I love you so much...

Okay, I am really signing off now. I might post one more time from the airport. If not I will chat with you all tonight. Thank you everyone.... :)

Bill

No comments: