Friday, July 25, 2008

1813 Miles down and a lot to go...

1/4 of the way there now and I am starting to remember being in Beijing - the sights, sounds and even the smells. It is a feeling that I have missed at times but now is starting to cause me to be anxious. The culture is so different there but nothing like I had first imagined. One of the goals for this trip is to try and take in more of that culture so that I can come home and share it with Abby and Jadyn. We sometimes feel that we robbed them of their heritage but at the same time know that it was not God's will for them to grow up in an orphanage. Debbie is probably getting a little scared reading this thinking that I am already thinking about adopting again and the plane has not even landed yet. I cannot say that will never happen because I have learned to never say never but I am not leaning in that direction, yet. I am praying that this trip will reveal more of what my goals are for my life and for that of my family. 1953 miles down and STILL a lot to go...


Bill

No comments: