Thursday, August 2, 2012

On our way to China...(yeah, I know, I haven't been to this blog in a year)

Hi everyone. Sorry for not posting here for so long. I just saw when my last post was, a year ago. Things have changed if you haven't seen us. We are adopting again. Two beautiful girls from Huainan. They are 12 and 13. If you haven't seen them there are pictures on their blog at www.hopeandmaggie.com. It's been a long process. Not as long as most though, so not complaining.

It's been 10-1/2 months since we first saw their pictures. that's probably the part that makes this feel so long. We fell in love with them from day one. The girls have grown up together most of their lives. They are both considered special needs. Hope has a repaired cleft lip and Maggie has a repaired muscle in her neck. Sorry, I don't remember the actual medical term. We have been so fortunate along this journey to meet so many other families that have been in the process or already adopted children from the same orphanage. They have been able to deliver packages, share photos and give tons of advice. Thank you to all of you!!! :) So, the girls have known that we are coming for at least a few months. Unfortunately they don't know exactly when. We have heard that they will find out once they get in the car to the civil affairs office. That's where we will meet them on Monday morning, Sunday night your time on the east coast. Closing plane door.

More later Bill out!

(update. - it has only been 5 months since I posted here. My phone didn't show me posts from after last August. You can tell how often I come to this blog. )

No comments: