Sunday, August 5, 2012

Monday morning (update)

I almost forgot to tell you all what happened yesterday. So our guide was taking me out to the bank to exchange money and as we were getting into the elevator she asks "do you like beer?" I said "excuse me?" I didn't know if I had heard her right and she repeated "Do you like beer?". I proceeded to say "No?". Then she says "Oh, you just look like you would like beer. The men here drink a lot of beer and have big guts." as she was pointing to me. Hahahahaha. Such a different culture. I'm not sure if I was being insult or not. Anyway, just thought I would share that.

Off to breakfast...talk to you all later.


- Posted from my iPad :: Bill out.

8 comments:

Denise said...

Tell her Soda has the same effect!!! ha ha ha!!! Don't take it personally....

Deidra said...

Hahahaha!! Hilarious!!! Brian and I have really enjoyed your posts, and your humor. :) Praying for you guys. Girls are still up. :)

Deidra said...

Hahahaha!! Hilarious!!! Brian and I have really enjoyed your posts, and your humor. :) Praying for you guys. Girls are still up. :)

Deidra said...

Hahahaha!! Hilarious!!! Brian and I have really enjoyed your posts, and your humor. :) Praying for you guys. Girls are still up. :)

Dawn said...

I don't know to laugh or shake my head. That's kind of funny & kind of weird. :-) Be encouraged....you do not have a beer belly!

Candy said...

That is too funny. Yes, the culture is very different from what we are used to.

Candy said...

Can't wait to see those beautiful girls with you.

Kim Sublett said...

hahaha! now that is funny! Annabelle was pretty blunt when she first came home. She still can be blunt...or very literal. She told Sadie (after her first night sharing a room with her new sister) that she slept like a pig! We had the same thought...was that an insult or just her literal way of communicating!? We think she meant that Sadie snored?? We all laugh about it now!
I saw the skype pictures of you and your new girls communicating with Tiffany! I am so happy for you guys and praying for you as you all learn to communicate to one another! Every day will be easier than the next! Thanks for living life so radically for all of us to see!