Monday, August 6, 2012

Monday night

Ok, I have five minutes while Deb is trying to give them a bath. I remember about a year ago someone asking me how much harder could it be for two? Ha, I now know the answer. Much! They are both being great but they are very different. We ventured out to the store again. That was Debbie's call. Maggie's dragged us up to the third floor of the market where they have clothes. She seems to be a "dress only" kind of girl. I don't think she likes any of the clothes we brought. Hope doesn't really care too much but would prefer camo stuff.

I tried to make them noodles in the room but was told they were no good. We went to the restaurant here in the hotel. They have real noodles and rice. We each ordered a dish. I had no idea how large it was. They could have told us it was family style. Debbie will post all of the photos so you can take a look at them when she gets them up, if she hasn't already.

So I didn't really get to say that much about this morning. They were a little late. We got to watch some Italian families get their children. They were all younger. It was good I think for us to see that first and get us ready. I could laugh at their nervousness so that I could not think about mine so much. They came into the room very quite and kind of walked past us. They we very shy and not sure what to do. They got upset rather quickly. I think they were okay that they were going to come with us but they were sad to leave their friends. Hope got a little mad whereas Maggie got more upset. She was okay with me rubbing her back while hope didn't want anyone touching her at all. It took a little while but by the time we were leaving they seemed okay.

We've had a lot of fun since leaving the civil affairs office. Hope was cracking up at the escalator in the mall. I don't think she has ever seen one before. Then there was Maggie in the glass elevator. She had the "death grip" on the hand rail while going down only 4 floors. It was really funny. Overall everything has been good but I'm ready for this day to be over. We are all very tired and I think we would have all taken a nap if someone would have let us turn off the Chinese soap operas. She is definitely going to keep us busy, oh wait, did I say that already?

Ok, they just got out of the baths squeaky clean. Mags is such a girl. She is very independent too. She seems to know how to do most anything. I think hope knows how to do a lot too but prefers not to.

Ok, I really should go now. I'll try to get on later if I remember anything that I missed. Thank you all for the prayers.


- Posted from my iPad :: Bill out.

Location:Shouchun Rd,Hefei,China

6 comments:

Bill and Toni said...

Way to go Dad!!
Your comments about never having seen an escalator or glass elevator brought back memories - what fun it was to watch Faith and all her "firsts"... like the light and fan overhead on the airplane.

Love you guys and praying for you,
Toni for the Benton bunch

LBC said...

Those noodle bowls were about as big as them!

Denise said...

Hoping for more fun "ah ha" moments as you watch the girls experience things for the first time. Praying for you all to "click" and for things to go smoothly.

Hope your trip to the orphanage is wonderful and that the girls are ok after saying their goodbye's! I can only imagine how hard that will be on them to do and you to watch/comfort them through.

Bugs Family said...

Great job blogging, Bill! You make it seem like we're along on the trip with you! It brings back memories of our days in Hefei.

Glad to hear the girls seem to be attaching to both of you. It's so amazing how resilient these young people are!

Keep up the good work!

Larry said...

Bill, Gina and I are adopting "Honey" from Huainan SWI. We hope to be DTC by Friday, after trying to re-use our dossier from last year. I just brought home an 11 yr. old boy from Henan province June 30, 2011. I hope to travel back to China to get "Honey" by the end of the year, Lord willing! I am glad to see you and Debbie are adopting older kiddos since they have a slim chance to get a good home before they age out at age 14. This will be our fifth China adoption, so we are really excited to make our family complete. Our oldest, Shannon is 14, Suzy is 13, Jonathan is 13, and Sean, the newest is 12. My auto insurance agent is looking forward to the day they all start driving! I will be praying you and Debbie have a safe trip back home and that both girls adjust and attach to both you and Debbie!

Larry said...

Bill, Gina and I are adopting "Honey" from Huainan SWI. We should be DTC Friday and I hope to travel before the end of the year. I have enjoyed reading both blogs and I will be praying you will have a safe trip back home! Both of your daughters are beautiful and should bring much blessing to your family.