Sunday, August 5, 2012

Monday morning

It's finally here. Monday morning and we meet the girls in just under 4 hours. I think to make the time go by I slept from 2:30 yesterday afternoon until just about an hour ago (4:30 am). I did wake up for a little bit around 7:00 pm but I was just beat. I think I've slept more from the start of this trip than I have in the last month.

We found out from a friend and our guide that the girls do know that we are coming. I'm hoping that is a good thing. One of them said that they seemed to be excited. They should be heading our way shortly. I think it is a two hour drive to their city. We can't believe this day is finally here. Clothes are all laid out... Cameras are ready... Nerves are full force... What else can I say?

One thing that we haven't given "as much" thought to is how the girls are feeling about all of this and what expectations that they are going to have of us. Do they think we will speak Chinese? I have been worried all along on how I will be able to communicate with them but what about them communicating with us? I just pray that we will be able to live up to the expectations that they have had for this day. We love them so much. They are such a blessing to us and we only hope that we could be a blessing to them. I guess we will find out soon enough.

We meet them at 9:30 and were told we will come back to the hotel for bonding time. Stalk the blogs. We will post as soon as we can....

Love you all!

- Posted from my iPad :: Bill out.

Location:Hefei China

3 comments:

mmdwhitten said...

We are SO excited for y'all! Glad you were able to get some rest ....& that you don't like beer:)


Can't wit to see pictures! Melissa

Anonymous said...

So much fun to read about your travels from two perspectives. Really enjoying it. Lisa P.

Dolly Gunter said...

Bill and Debbie:
We are up and ready to meet Hope and Maggie. Brings back the memories of seeing Jadyn for the first time. I hope you had my wish list for the apple store....lol Remember Christmas is coming.... We love reading your posts keep them coming and often. See you back in Tampa....
Love you, both...