Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Thursday morning...

So, nothing new has happened since last night. I am in the office now to see if I can upload a few short video clips for you at home following this journey. Your homework assignment for today will be 1 Timothy chapters 1 and 2 which talk about faith and our command to not be ashamed of the Gospel. To be a strong witness, not matter the cost. Kind off fitting with the rest of my sermons, yes? Okay, no preaching today.

I do covet your prayers for me today and the rest of the team that he will give us the opportunities to share our "story" and why it is that we are truly here. Of course you all know my reason now, yes? Seriously though, there is a huge desire I would say for these translators to know the love that we have in us and why that is and where it comes from. I wish you could all be here to see the sacrifices that this college students are making, some are even still in high school and have devoted 1, 2 or even 4 weeks to come here and take care of these children 24/7 without any compensation. They even had to pay their own way to get here, some as far as a 30 hour train ride. Can you imagine that, and they do not even have the love that is living inside of us (if you know what I mean). That is not to say that they do not have love inside of them because of course they do or they would not be here. This camp opens their eyes to the needs of the orphans in their country and I truly believe that even if we do not end up seeing the results during this short time we are here they are happening. Okay, so maybe I am going to preach a little this morning. Maybe someone is rubbing off on me?

So, yes, this is our last full day with the translators and children. It feels like we just got here yet it also feels like forever. The days are so long but we are always moving. I think someone may need an extra sabbatical after this trip.... hahaha.... Today will be much like Tuesday for our schedule with family time and games, etc. and then in the afternoon we will go to the pool again and then do life charts. I do not remember exactly what these are again so I will fill you in on them tonight (or morning for you).

I would ask that today, for me personally, you would pray specifically for Jenny. She is the young girl in Tiffani's family. I feel that He has put her on my heart this week. I cannot explain the reason why but my heart has ached over this for the past two days. I do not know what His will is for her life but I know without any certainty that he has put her on my heart. Yes, I am not ashamed to say that I have cried many tears, opening and inwardly for this child and as I pleaded out to Him this morning that he would give me and my family direction, I also know that no matter His will I will still Love Him. In the good times, "He is good!" and in the bad times, "He is still good!".

Wow, so I did end up writing a lot more than I thought I would. This was just supposed to be a post to let you know that I was uploading video clips. How awesome is it that without all those distractions in our lives I can just sit and type, openly, my feelings without the desire to worry about being somewhere next?

Thank you!!!! everyone for the prayers.

From the office (No, definitely not "The Office", at a camp, somewhere across the globe, in His presence, and striving to do his will....
China Team out.

No comments: