Friday, November 7, 2008

Hi Everyone, I'm back.. for now?

First off, Hello to everyone out there who had followed my blog. I have to apologize for not writing in such a long time. A lot has been going on with me and decisions that I am trying to make. In short I believe that God is calling me into the ministry. I am not exactly sure what that means. It could be church work or possibly mission work. As you all know I have a very strong heart for those in China, along with my family. Ever since the trip to the camp a change took place in my life. A verse that has stuck with me since is Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Never before has this verse meant so much to me.

I use the analogy of wearing a mask to describe how this verse effected me while I was in China. The short of it is that when I was there, surrounded by strangers, I felt as though I was wearing a mask and I could do things that I wouldn't normally do. There was no fear of rejection or judgement simply because I didn't know these people and did not think that I would see most of them once the camp was over. The realization that I took from this was that, it wasn't that I couldn't do something but that I wouldn't do something out of fear, pride or whatever the excuse would be behind the circumstance. God spoke to me on that trip and has been speaking to me ever since. He has let me see that the life that I have been living was not furthering the Kingdom and in the end that is all this life is ever about.

I would ask for prayers during this time as God reveals to me the exact path that I am to follow. In the meantime I have decided to jump in and volunteer whenever and where ever I can. I would challenge all of you out there to do the same. There is so much more to life than money, work, television... and the list goes on. There is always someone out there in a worst situation than we are and we can help and make a difference.

I will apologize again for not writing for a while and will make it a goal to write more and let everyone know what is going on in my life and the life of my family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will pray that God reveals his plans for you to you. Very exciting stuff.
For I know the plans I have for you" "plans for [your] welfare, not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 12 You will call to Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. Jer. 29:11-13