Friday, November 21, 2008

Decision Update!

Hi all, I'm back again. I now have some direction. In my last post I hinted to the fact that I feel I have been called into some sort of ministry work. Well, long story short I have come full circle back to China, Orphans and Bring Me Hope. I feel that God is calling me to play a larger role in this organization and after several "LONG" phone calls with David it has all been confirmed.

I will admit that I didn't see this opportunity as a "Mission" but then I remembered the verse that says, "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." - James 1:27 (NIV). I have read this verse for years now but I never thought of it as a calling but then I realized that all of God's work is a calling. From the secretary at a church to the man in the mission field in India. In God's eyes there are no small tasks that bring glory to his kingdom.

Isn't it nice to know that God's ideas and definitions are so much greater than our own?

I will ask for prayer during this time as the Deceiver has tried to make me feel unworthy of service. We all have sin in our lives and we all struggle with it. I have been so focused on thinking that I must be perfect to do God's work but I was reminded by a friend last week that if I was truly perfect I would most likely not be on this earth anymore but be sitting next to our Saviour in Heaven. I don't think God is done with me quite yet - I hope!

So here's the sales pitch - sign up to go to camp. It WILL change your life forever. BMH Camp - click here

More to come... Bill

PS - Martin, if you are reading this, thank you for being such a good friend. I appreciate your comments and encouragement more than you know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

11To this end we always pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling and may fulfill every resolve for good and every work of faith by his power,

2 Thessalonians 1:11