Friday, October 14, 2011

I know - I never update this thing...

So, we took the plunge. We have applied to Great Wall and started the paper pregnancy once again. We are so excited, and when I say we, I mean the whole family!!! We are going to adopt two girls, ages 11 and 12. We are not allowed to post any photos yet until we have approval from China. This will take a few more weeks while we wait for the social worker to evaluate us - a mere formality in my opinion.

So, yes the crazy post probably makes a lot more sense now. Yes, we are crazy - crazy in Love with God and His direction for our lives. I believe we have found our calling - to Love on these children. It might not seem like much to some but it feels like a lot to us. No, we do not do this as some sort of humanitarian effort but purely out of love for children (and a little selfishness too I suppose). We get so much from this. The return of Love from a child, there is no better feeling. The smiles, giggles, laughter and just plain silliness. I probably should be a little scared but honestly I'm not. I wake up excited everyday thinking one more day closer to bringing our daughters home.

I wish I could post the photos. Their smiles are so precious. We are hoping by this time next year they will be home with us and become part of our family. Thank you to all of you that have encouraged us along the way. We thank you for the prayers.

Stay tuned.....

No comments: