Friday, August 8, 2008

Friday Morning

Friday is here. I have been home for 5 days now. Sorry for not posting anything much since. I have been very tired and trying to adjust back to US time. I also got a cold that kicked in by Tuesday. I want to thank everyone again for following the journey at camp and for the prayers. The family and I really appreciate it. 

I have to admit that it was a little hard coming home and going back to work. It is like coming down from such a high and back into the grind. It is so easy to lose sight of all you have learned. Debbie and I are talking and praying a lot about what God would have us to do for the future. We both feel such a strong connection to Billy, my buddy from last week and for China in general. I am not sure if any of you were able to see the latest Steven Curtis Chapman (and family) interviews over the past few days but they were amazing. That family is truly an inspiration. I just read an article this morning about a building that the Maria fund will be putting up. It happens to be in Louyang which by coincidence ( or God's plan) is where one of the large group of kids came from for the week two camp. It is so easy to see God's plan when you trace things backwards. I wish we had a better glimpse of them before they happened or at least looked and listened more to hear from him. In the last few days I have seen a lot of things that would lead me to believe that there is a plan that I am not fully aware of, or willing to accept yet. Pray for us that we will see a clear path for what God wants us to do.

Well, Olympics start tonight. It should be a very good show. One thing I can say from experience is China likes to go big with things so this should be BIG. 4-1/2 hours and counting... 

Bill

1 comment:

Pete said...

I hear you Bill!! I haven't been back to work yet. The dread begins Tuesday! I could have stayed in China for another week after all. Thanks for sending me the article were your buddies from Louyang? I know mine were not.
it must have been the later group.